Inclement Weather Information
Into each life a little rain must fall... and sometimes it turns to snow and ice. Campus Transit does its best to be there for you when the foul weather strikes. In the event of stormy weather the following policies are applied:
- If the University of Georgia is closed due to inclement weather or other emergency conditions, Campus Transit may continue to provide services if road conditions allow for safe operations. Notifications regarding the service level being provided will be made available on the Campus Transit website (www.transit.ug.edu), In case of closure, please check this site daily for updates.
- In case of a TORNADO WARNING, Campus Transit services will cease to operate. Drivers will be instructed to pull their vehicle over immediately and evacuate to the nearest Tornado Shelter. Services will resume as quickly as possible when the "ALL CLEAR" signal is sounded.
Campus Transit will provide updates during weather emergencies via this website and our social media pages regarding service as best as we can.
For the official status of the University in case of inclement weather, refer to the UGA Public Affairs Office website.
Your Safety Is Our Main Concern!
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Cross the street behind the bus. This helps you to see, and be seen by other motorists.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses. The buses sometimes roll back slightly when the brakes are released.
- When driving another vehicle, do not pass a stopped bus unless you are in a passing zone.
- If you ride a bicycle, skateboard, or roller blades, don't hang on to the rear of the bus or follow too closely. The bus may stop unexpectedly.
- Be ready to get on or off the bus when it stops. Drivers are instructed not to open the doors again once they begin to re-enter traffic.
- Drivers are instructed to load and unload at bus stops only.
- If standing, please move to the center of the bus. Drivers are instructed not to move the bus with people standing in unsafe locations on the bus.
- To prevent injury to yourself or others, if you are traveling with a stroller or other wheeled device, be sure to lock the wheels or maintain control of your property while the bus is in motion.
Bus Route Detours and Delays
Detours and delays listed here are long-term situations that affect routes on campus. Please be aware that schedules and routes may be altered at any time due to accidents, other traffic situations or severe weather without notice.
Follow us on twitter for all route detours and delays. Tweets by UGATransit
The CCRC bus stop has been temporarily relocated to the loading dock due to ongoing construction.